Wednesday, May 18, 2016

There's Only One Way Out Of This Mess

The world has gone mad.

That's my conclusion. I don't need to name the social/political issues of the day for you to know what I'm talking about. I don't need to tell you what I saw, what I heard, what I read about in the news. I don't need to say anything about why I came to this conclusion.

You know.

You live in the same world as I. A world full of people wandering around like lab rats in a maze, hoping to find the button that pops out their sweet treat so they can get their fix. A world in which people are attempting to negate absolutes, deny the realities of right and wrong, and pretend to be in control. A world of dead ends, false passageways, and trap doors.

It's madness. Sheer madness.

And it's getting worse.

Every day, things get weirder. I don't know what to expect next, and I'm probably better off. If I knew what was coming tomorrow, I'd probably stay in bed. Seriously. It's getting that bad.

This latest election cycle has been like a really bad reality TV show that could only air on cable after prime time. The state I live in is a . . . disaster seems too light a word. World wide politics are a circus. Morality has become a four letter word. Faith has become blasphemy. Everything is falling apart.

The book of Revelation is making more sense every day.

Is there any hope?

I'm a realist, leaning hard towards pessimism. I doubt very much this train can be stopped before it completely runs off the tracks. Ever seen a train wreck in person? It ain't pretty.

I am also a Christian. I know that God can do anything, and I know that if people turn to Him, this world can be turned around. Are we at that point, prophesied in the Bible, of no return? Maybe, maybe not. Only time will tell.

But if there is any hope, if there is any way to get back on track, it's God. That's right. G. O. D. No man (or woman) is going to fix this mess. No worldly power can help us out of this maze we've trapped ourselves in. As a world community, a nation, a state, a county, a city, families, and individuals. If we don't start looking to God, it's game over.

There's only one way out.

That's to retreat. Turn from the direction we're headed, and get back to where we belong. I'll be honest; I'm not even sure I want that to happen. I'm ready for Christ to return. But if He's not coming tomorrow, I don't want to witness this world get any darker.

The only light that can penetrate this darkness is God the Father, His Son Jesus Christ, and His Holy Spirit. If we've any chance of finding our way clear of the calamity ahead, it is by seeking that light, and following it, no matter where it leads.

That starts with you, and me. Until individuals turn around (that's called repentance), abandon sin, and turn to God, things are only going to get worse. And I'll tell you right now--not many will find their way out. That path is narrow, and few will find it. But it's the only way.

One day soon, it'll be too late.

Jesus is coming. When He does, if you're still stuck in the maze of this world, if you haven't found that narrow gate . . . I dread to think about the reality that awaits you. Find Jesus. Trust Him as your Savior. Turn from your sins. Flee from the filth that is filling this world. Do it now. Before it's too late.

This is one maze you don't want to be trapped in when the lights go out.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment