Friday, May 13, 2016

OK; Here's The Deal . . .

I need your help.

I post these blogs to a few hundred people on Facebook, and a few thousand people on Google+. That's the extent of my reach. Nobody's beating down my door trying to hear what I have to say, and few enough open the door when I knock. I'm not reaching everyone who needs to be reached.

That's where you come in.

I'm a sinner. You're a sinner. Your neighbor, your friend, your brother and sister, that couple you met on vacation last year and "befriended" on Facebook . . . they're all sinners too. Everybody you know, everybody you could possibly reach out to is a sinner. We all need Jesus. Everybody needs to know.

I can't do that alone.

I don't have your Facebook friends. I don't have your Google+ circles. I don't know who you know, and I don't know how to reach them. Except through you.

When John wrote his Revelation of Jesus Christ, he couldn't deliver it to the seven churches it was originally intended for. He was in exile, a prison of sorts, on an island. He had to depend on someone else to deliver it. Now, I don't want to compare myself to John; I'm not writing about the firsthand revelation of Jesus Christ and the end of the world.

And yet I am.

I talked about the Holy Spirit being my lighthouse yesterday. God speaks to me (and you) as surely as He spoke to John. Differently, for certain, but no less assuredly. We all get communication from God. My calling is to write it down.

Then I depend on you.

I'm limited.

John was a prisoner on an island and could not deliver his message himself. On top of that, he was an old man, and the journey to the seven cities would have been difficult even had he been free to travel. He was limited.

I'm limited by my reach, my audience, my platform. I can only speak to you. But you can spread the word to everyone you know. And they spread the word, and then those, and then those . . . pretty soon everybody hears the truth.

That's my goal.

I'm not going to lie--I would like to see 20,000 people hit my blog every day. That would go a long way towards getting me a book deal. But that's not my biggest goal. That's not the reason I write any more. I've realized that my work in writing may very well be these short pieces I post most every day. That may very well be how God wants me to reach people.

So I want to reach everyone I can. My goal is to have the truth of God spread around the world. If that comes through my blogs, fantastic. If it happens because you sit down and talk with everyone you know about God and salvation through His Son, terrific. I don't care how it happens, I just want to see it happen. If you don't know how to start, then sharing these blogs through social media is one way to start. If you believe what I write is God's truth, then share it. That's called spreading the Word, and we are commanded by Jesus to do that very thing.

My goal is to help you, help me.

The deal is, I will write, if you will share.

That's all I'm asking. Hit the share button. Spread the word. Tell people there's this guy who's writing about God, and Jesus, and life, and stuff. Send them to williamsevert.blogspot.com. Write that down and put it in your wallet or your purse and then give it to someone.  If you've been reading my blogs, you must get something from what I've been saying. If you can get something from it, so can someone else.

I didn't want to write this. I don't like to ask for help. But I cannot do this alone.

Will you be on my team? Will you agree to share when I write a truth that reaches to your soul? If you're encouraged, or challenged, or hear a message of salvation in what I write, will you send it out to those tens, hundreds, even thousands of contacts you have? How many of them are not saved? How many are hurting? How many just need a little encouragement, or need to be challenged or shown love? Of those, how many need to hear the truth?

I'll write what God tells me through His Word, through prayer, and through the experiences He gives me in this life. I'm asking you to be my messengers.

That's the deal. Will you help me? 


3 comments:

  1. Hello. I appreciate your posts a lot. Thank you for writing good things that aren't dead self goodness. God bless you and keep you and give you all the sharers that He wants you to have.

    ReplyDelete