Friday, May 6, 2016

My God Is God


He has many names.

Jehovah, the great I AM WHO I AM.
Elohim, Power and Strength.
Adonai, Master and Lord.
El-Shaddai, God Almighty.
Jehovah-jireh, Provider.

Father. Creator. Judge. Holy One. Alpha and Omega, Beginning and End. Almighty God. Fortress. Ancient of Days. Consuming Fire. King. Living God. Maker. Majesty. Mercy. Rock. Rose of Sharon. Strength. The One. Wonderful.

Jesus. Bread of Life. Son of God. Son of Man. Cornerstone. Foundation. Faithful and True. Savior. Shepherd. Servant. Christ. Lion of the Tribe of Judah. Great High Priest. Messiah. Deliverer. The Lamb.  Emmanuel. Friend. Hope. Life. Light. Living Stone. Living Water. Lord of All. Prince of Peace. Redeemer. Righteous One. Word of God.

Spirit. Counselor. Guide. Holy Ghost. Spirit of Truth. Helper.

Trinity. Triune. Three-In-One. God.


And many more.

My God is so great I cannot begin to define Him, understand Him, or otherwise put Him in a box and say, "This is my God." His attributes are without number, His nature unfathomable. He is beyond comparing to anything known to lowly man or highest angel. He is God.

When I see Him, I will know Him. There is none other like Him, none who can impersonate or replace Him. His power is beyond description, His glory fills the heavens. Heaven and earth tremble at His name. Every knee shall bow, and every tongue confess that He is God.

My God is God.

I do not fully understand what that means, but I know this: He alone is worthy of worship, honor, and praise. I cannot know Him fully, but I know enough to fear Him, love Him, serve Him, desire Him.

He is the One True God.

I believe in Him. I serve Him. In Him, and Him alone, do I trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment