Tuesday, November 24, 2015

God, I Want To Know . . .

I've made a list of questions to ask God when I get to heaven.

I have come to the conclusion that's when I'll get my answers. I'm not sure how that conversation is going to go, but here's what I hope to get answered.

God . . .

Before In the beginning, what did you do? Without time, how did you know it was . . . time to begin? Knowing how it would go, was it hard to get started? Were you ever tempted to start
over . . . you know, other than the Flood?

Dinosaurs. Give me the real story, because I just haven't heard an answer that settles my soul. 

How big is big? How small is small? 

Does Satan really think he's still going to win?

 The Trinity. How are you Three in One? And throw in, if you would, how Jesus was 100% man and 100% God. I believe, but it just hasn't made sense to my mortal mind. 

Predestination and freewill. How does that really work?

You are eternal. I can almost understand having no end, but the idea of no beginning--I'm glad we have a lot of time (or, I guess, there is no time anymore) for you to explain that one to me.

The last half of the book of Daniel, and pretty much all of Revelation. One. Big. Question mark. And I've spent a lot of time trying to figure those out.

What was so special about Enoch?  Do he and Elijah have their bodies up here, or are they waiting around for the resurrection with the rest of us?

Unanswered prayers, those that I really thought were in your will. Why?

Answered prayers. How could I, among the billions, matter that much to you?

The list goes on and on. The hows, the whys, the whens . . . but you already know, don't you? I bet, when I get there, I won't even need this list. I bet you'll have the answers ready for me. 






No comments:

Post a Comment