Sunday, February 15, 2015

Truth Matters--Whether You Believe It Or Not

 Do you realize that your opinion of and on God's Word has no bearing on the veracity of His truths? Let me put that another way. It doesn't matter if you believe what the Bible says or not; it's still true.

Understand what I am saying.

Read that first paragraph again. You can reject every word, refute the authenticity of the writings, argue that there are inconsistencies, or in any other way denigrate the Bible or the holy God who breathed it into being. It doesn't matter. Truth stands.

But it only matters to Christians, right?

Wrong. You're missing the point. If you go to a foreign country, do their laws apply to you? If you disagree with a law, does that mean you are not held to it? Is ignorance of the law a viable defense? Not hardly. 

Rules are rules. And there's this thing about God's rules--they're universal. They apply to everyone. Equally. No loopholes. No diplomatic immunity. No payoffs, bribes, or plead-outs. It's black and white.

Many will disagree.

In fact, many do. Situational ethics are rampant in the world today. Absolute truths are disparaged, viewed as anachronisms of an uneducated and unsophisticated society of times past. Christianity is stamped as being intolerant and hostile. Those who claim the identity of Christian are, ironically, met with hostile intolerance. The only absolute truth the world wants to accept is that there are no absolute truths. That logic works for them.

And Christians, tired and worn, fearful and timid, are allowing themselves to be indoctrinated with false truths that God is only love, that God is only merciful. He is those, yes. But God is also just. God is also a jealous God who will not tolerate wickedness and sin in His presence. Believing otherwise is a lie.

But what about . . .

Go ahead. Finish that sentence. Whatever you want to put in there, feel free. God's got it covered. What about forgiveness? Christ. What about tolerance? Holiness. What about judge not, lest ye be judged? Vengeance is mine, saith the Lord

Your "buts" don't scare God. Can I answer every question that might come my way? No. But God can. And His Word will. If you look for truth, you will find it. If you hide from truth, it will find you. If you like your odds against God, roll the dice. Myself, I am not a gambling man.

I'm tired, and I believe God must be also.

I'm tired of pandering to political correctness. I'm tired of being afraid of stepping on toes. I'm tired of my rights and beliefs being sidelined, trampled on, and gutted. I'm tired of Christ being defaced.

I'm tired. I'm done. I've drawn a line.

This is my stand.

The Bible is the Word of God. It is true. It is applicable. It is contemporary. 
That's where I am.

Where are you?

2 comments: