Thursday, November 20, 2014

Never Give Up!

Times come when you want to give up. It doesn't seem worth it. Nothing is going your way. You can't see how things could get any worse. Or better.



Don't give up!

Things probably are not as bad as they seem. Tomorrow, or next week, life will straighten out. If you give up, you cannot succeed. If you keep fighting, you will overcome. What you accomplish may be different from what you set out to do. Your endgame may look a little different from what you first imagined. But that's OK!

Plans change!

The only guarantees in life are death, taxes . . . and change. Life is not static. The world continuously moves, morphs, and evolves. Nothing stays the same. Your goals must change, or you may never reach them. And if you do, without new goals, you will accomplish nothing more.

In becoming an author, I thought I was almost there. I got signed by a great agent. I had a really good manuscript, one my agent said was publisher worthy. I had several publishers interested in my work. Everything was falling in place.

Until everything fell apart. In an instant, with a single email, it all came tumbling down. Christian fiction has changed . . . you have to have a platform. Platform? What is a platform?

It's change, that's what it is!

New Goals mean new strategies.

In order to obtain this platform, I have to come up with new strategies. At first, that was overwhelming. Marketing, networking, outreaching . . . blah, blah, blah! I am an author, not a marketer! I'm an introverted, disorganized, undisciplined creative! How am I supposed to market that? It'll never work.

But that's what Moses said. Nine times he failed with Pharaoh; then God succeeded. That's what Peter said. Then Christ rose again. That's what Satan says. Do you believe him?

We, you and I, can change. We can do things differently. We can overcome the doubts of Satan and realize the plans God has had all along. We can do whatever it is we feel we have failed at. All we have to do is change.

I am on that road. I am changing. It is hard, and I don't like it . . . But with God, all things are possible.

What about you?

What challenges have you faced that required you to change? I'd love to hear about them!

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain little brother! Change is very challenging, not sure whom we inherited the introverted gene from, but deal with it we must. My life is nothing but change, with many more changes to come in the near future. I must change how I interact with people, how I approach them on a professional and a personal level, even how I think about them. I must be open to new experiences and starting over at the beginning. This is never easy, but we are strong, determined people and will do what it takes to make our dreams come true. Hang in there, we are all behind you and very proud of what you have done and what you will do in the future. Love ya T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my family, and know you are behind me, just as we are behind you. Change is hard, but good. Challenges are opportunities. It's just easier to say than do . . .

      Delete