Sunday, November 23, 2014

False Guides



The world screams for your attention. Your job, your spouse, your kids, your own needs and desires. Everybody wants a piece of you. And everybody wants to tell you how to live. Television. Facebook. Google. Friends. Family.

Who do you listen to?

Who really matters? Is it your boss? Your spouse? Or is it you? Who will lead you to where you need to be? Not necessarily where you want to be. Where you need to be. There is only one answer.




His voice never lies.
If you listen to anyone else, anyone of this world--including yourself--you follow a false guide. The only true guide is God. His Holy Spirit, our Guide and Counselor, speaks only truth. He tells us what is right, what is good. His advice never fails. Listen to anyone else, and maybe it will work out. Maybe it won't. Are you willing to take that chance?

I have been lead astray many times.
 
I have listened to those other voices. I have walked the path of selfishness. I have been down the road of the world. I listened to those false guides, and before I knew it, I was lost. Often I was far away from where I needed to be before I ever realized I had strayed. 
It is so easy to get distracted. The world is so very loud, including that inner voice that is not of God, but of myself. I want. I envy. I desire. I think I know what is best for me, and I go after it. I listen to the worst false guide of all: Myself.
He does speak!

God reaches out to us. He speaks to us from within, that small, quiet voice that is so easy to ignore. We allow ourselves, or the world out there, to drown Him out. He lets us chose our way. Not because He desires for us to be lost, but because He desires us to seek Him. Were there no choices for us to make, faith would not matter.

We do make a choice, though. Every day, every second, we chose. Will I listen to God, or will I listen to those other voices. Truth, or false guides? Who will I follow? Do I desire what feels good, or what is best? The choice is mine. And yours.

What guide have you chosen?

Have you chosen to listen to Him to show you the way? If so, tell us about it!







No comments:

Post a Comment