Thursday, November 27, 2014

Giving Thanks to God

 First and foremost, I am thankful for God.

My Provider.

Without God, I would have nothing. Not the air I breathe, the vessel to carry it in, or world in which to exist. Without God, forget about having nothing. I would not be.

My Savior.

Without Jesus Christ, I would have no hope. The air, the vessel which is my body, the world upon which I walk, would be meaningless. If God were Provider alone, though that is more than I deserve, I would be nothing.

My Guide.

Without His Holy Spirit, I would have no direction. The air, the vessel, the world would be a cacophony of chaos and misdirection without His leading. If God were no more than Provider and Savior, I would be lost.

My Complete God.

God is my Provider. God is my Savior. God is my Guide. He is the complete package. I need nothing more.

But He doesn't stop there.

Being everything I need, and providing Himself to me is not enough for God. He has gone far beyond what I could ever hope or imagine in His blessings. Here are a few I have reflected on today:

1) A beautiful, loving, faithful Christian wife.
2) Three children to bless our home and marriage.
3) Three men who are like brothers.
4) A family with ever open arms.
5) A network of friends to hold me up (or knock me down, whichever is needed!).
6) Gifts and abilities to feel useful in His kingdom.
7) The promise of more to come.

I could go on . . .

His blessings are endless. No matter how far I fall, or how often, He picks me up. When I feel satisfied, He reveals something new to reach for. When I get stuck, He pulls me through. When I tire, He carries. Facing defeat, He fights for me. Never alone. Ever faithful. God is good.

Those are some of mine. What about you?

What are you thankful for? Share God's blessings in your life with us, that we may praise Him all the more.

No comments:

Post a Comment