Thursday, December 18, 2014

Lost, But Not Forgotten

 Ezekiel 34: 15, 16

I myself will tend my sheep . .
Declares the Sovereign Lord .
I will search for the lost and bring back the strays.

We stray.  All of us. From our responsibilities, our convictions, our goals and dreams. Sometimes even from God.

The World Doesn't Care.

If you stray from the world, you are on your own. The world does not care. You are one of seven billion. Few will notice your wanderings.

I am not speaking of physically leaving. I am talking about a desertion of your values, your commitments, your path. The world doesn't care about these things. In fact, the world doesn't like these things. Stray away, and good riddance, so says the world.

God Cares.

Oh yes He does! He says so in Ezekiel, and Matthew, and John, and so many other places. When one strays, He comes looking. The Good Shepherd. The Protector. Father.
He cares. A lot.

He cares enough to send His Son. To die. For His lost sheep.

He Himself came looking, and found you. And me.

Even today, He searches. He calls those who are lost by name. Reaching out, pleading, calling. Come to me! 

Are you lost? Have you strayed?

Listen . . .

He calls . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment