Monday, January 9, 2017

God Loves You

For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

The truth is, God does love you.

God loves you so much that He gave His Son for you. God thinks so much of you that He wants you to live forever. God thinks you are worth saving.

Do you?

You see, God so loved the world . . . that means you. Yes, you. God made you. He sustains you. He thinks you are worth it. Who are you to disagree with God?

You are worth loving.

Either that, or God is wrong. It's that simple. Either you are worthy of love and being loved, or God doesn't know who you really are. Let me give you a hint--God knows exactly who you are, where you've been, and what you've done.

And He loves you.

God's pretty amazing that way. You see, God doesn't dwell on all the stuff that makes us unlovable the way we do sometimes. God looks past that. God looks at us and sees His Son, who He gave in our place so all that ugly stuff would be taken care of.

When you have Jesus as your Savior and God looks at you, He doesn't see ugly. He doesn't see sin. He sees you through the eyes of love and sees you as worth His time. Worth His love. Worth His Son.

You are worth loving. God says so.

God will always love you.

I can be pretty hard on myself. I know what I've done, or haven't done. I know my failures, my weaknesses, my shortcomings, and it can be hard to get past all that. God knows that stuff, too. It doesn't stop Him from loving me, and it never will.

When we look in the mirror, we need to remember that who we see and what we know about who we see isn't the whole story. The rest of the story is that God sees even more than we do, and loves us. Loves us so much, in fact, that He gave us a clean slate, one that will never hold a mark or a stain. He loves us so much that nothing, absolutely no thing can separate us from that love.

God loved you yesterday, He loves you today, and will love you tomorrow.

If that doesn't start your day off right, I don't know what will.


No comments:

Post a Comment